Our client is adding new life to conversations of all types. Their Ambient Voice Intelligence™ technology processes verbal conversations to derive usable text and identify speakers. It is integrated with a variety of applications. A direct-to-end user product will change meetings by generating interactive notes that are saved in one place and ready for sharing. Leading unified communications and online collaboration providers partner with Otter.ai to offer transcription, deep content search, summarization, and conversational analytics.
The main product is Otter: a smart, note-taking and collaboration app that empowers you to remember, search, and share your voice conversations.
They are seeking an experienced Senior Staff Backend Engineer to help lead the development, deployment and management of our web services and related infrastructure to join our engineering team. Members of the engineering team work collaboratively as a group and with colleagues in technology, who are devising new speech recognition solutions, and product management to deploy systems and infrastructure to serve the needs of end-user professionals and enterprise clients across a number of verticals.
Need to Have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or EE/CS) from a top school or program, or have substantial production server experience (or equivalent)
- At least 5+ years of experience in developing/architecting large scale systems
- Hands-on coding and development in Python and C++
- Strong proficiency in using open source platforms such as Django, MySQL, and MongoDB and the ability to build business logic in Python/Django APIs
- Good knowledge of common Internet platforms such as Apache, Nginx, Django, Kafka, MySQL, MongoDB, Memcached
- Strong ability to write and debug code that is reusable, testable and efficient
- Follow best practices in DevOps to automate code deployment and continuous integration
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers in design, product management, technology, and engineering to respond to requirements and diagnose problems
- Passion for artificial intelligence and in exploring and using the latest and greatest development tools and platform
Nice to Have
- PhD in Distributed Systems or related fields (including architecture/infrastructure-related)
For more info, please contact email@example.com