This dog-friendly company was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care. They’re starting by radically improving the $90 billion pet food industry, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed mystery pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food directly to customers’ doors. Their ultimate goal is to create innovative, delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and they believe their direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, they have delivered over 200 million meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join as they continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
You’ll work with a passionate engineering “pawd” to expand and improve their customer account portal. Big fan of short feedback loops? You’ll deliver high quality, well-tested and peer-reviewed code to production in minutes using our automated CI/CD pipeline. Your solutions will demonstrate industry standard methodologies including A/B experiments, feature toggles and canary rollouts to expertly release high-impact features that dog lovers will love.
How You'll Make An Impact:
- You’ll work on customer-facing features including: customer account management, pet management, subscription updates, stock continuity calibration, and developing new services to support future product innovations
- Teamwork is an imperative. Their team is full of engineers that love to learn and grow. You’ll regularly white board, pair program and review architecture with top-notch peers with experience working at Amazon, Disney and Apple.
- They have a phenomenal team, but there’s still so much to do and determine. If you’re interested in scale and want to be in the room when those architecture decisions are made: you’re reading the right job description. They're in that sweet spot of having clear product-market fit, but still having a small enough team that each engineer makes a big impact. You’ll work closely with the team to restructure our application architecture to handle our rapid growth at scale.
- If you want to have the space and agency to make a big impact both for customers, colleagues and the system: This company is for you. If you’re looking for a fully-formed organization with a lot of established processes: a larger company would be a better fit. If you’re looking for rapid iteration to find product-market fit: an earlier stage startup would be a better match.
We're Excited About You Because: I am looking for mid to senior level backend engineers who are excited to learn and grow. In general you should have:
- Strong experience working professionally with frontend web technologies.
- Experience with modern web frameworks like React and Apollo.
- GraphQL, Node.js backend and Docker experience preferred.
- There’s a focus on quality in everything you deliver from code, to architecture, to group messages.
- Detail oriented internally and externally. You love to build accurate mental models of how things work.
- Focused on seeking out contrasting opinions so you can learn and grow.
- Resourceful enough to get the answers you need independently while savvy enough to develop solutions collaboratively.
- Comfortable in both creative and entrepreneurial environments, as well as more sophisticated and later-stage organizations.
- You think critically and objectively; have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands.
- High energy and committed with a passion for getting things done in complex environments.
- Strong communication skills. You are articulate and persuasive while able to listen and incorporate the perspectives of others.
- Results orientated with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches.