My client is on a mission is to build a repayment platform to change the way consumers experience debt. Most of them take on debt to help them get ahead, or in many cases, to not fall behind. But for most of them—despite its necessity—once they have debt, it doesn't play a healthy role in their lives. It can be hard to understand, difficult to manage, and unaccommodating to changes in their lives.
This is why they started the company. They wanted to reinvent the loan servicing industry as well. They wanted to create a world where debt plays a healthier and less taxing role in more people's lives. By bringing world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-trillion industry that hasn't seen innovation in well over two decades, their platform empowers borrowers to have greater control, visibility and flexibility over their financial health, removing the traditional loan servicer from the equation altogether and bringing borrowers closer to their lenders.
Their team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds including Dropbox, Pinterest, Prosper, Bloomberg and Ripple. Their office is based in San Francisco.
With a rapidly growing community of lenders and borrowers, they think it's time the world knows there's a better way to pay back their loans. They'd love for you to join in their mission and help play a role in changing the way they experience debt for the better!
The company's backend and frontend presents many interesting challenges and opportunities for designing and architecting complex systems. Their APIs and user experience caters to both many personas: Enterprise (Lenders, Creditors), Consumers (Borrowers, Internal Operations). You and your team will work on high-stakes engineering challenges that will shape the future of loan servicing and debt. What's at stake? They aim to be the source of truth for trillions of dollars. It's crucial that their novel platform ensures accuracy and precision on non-trivial math down to seven decimal places with zero data loss or security compromises, resiliency to handle a large number of loans at scale as well as the flexibility to handle new and innovative financial instruments.
- Design core pieces of the company's APIs and user experiences, optimizing for long-term maintainability, performance, and reliability.
- You will work across multiple personas: lenders, creditors, borrowers and internal users.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core APIs, end-to-end.
- 2 -6 years industry experience.
- You enjoy being a generalist working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally.
- You have a strong background in computer science.