My client is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. They are revolutionizing how consumers view pet nutrition and providing real solutions. A Series C who have raised $150m in funding and backed by same VCs behind Dollar Shave Club, Warby Parker, and Sweetgreen.
They are looking for a Sr Platform Engineer to join their growing team and build We are seeking someone to build and maintain our software infrastructure, tools, and services that engineers and other technical users collectively leverage in a self-service fashion as ‘the platform’. This individual will bridge the gap between IT Operations and Software Engineering.
- Migrate monolithic system to microservices architecture.
- Evangelizes, researches, builds proofs of concept and -when appropriate- introduces new technologies to the team, delivers independently with limited mentorship. Diagnoses root causes in systems and issues.
- Owns the production operation and monitoring of the system and is aware of its SLAs.
- Proactively shares with others to accelerate their career-growth and encourages them to participate, while welcoming feedback in the process.
Skills & Requirements:
- 7+ years of professional experience working in a software related field
- 3+ years of recent experience working as a Platform Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or SRE
- Must have hands-on experience using AWS or CNCF projects
- Familiar with Terraform, Docker, Ansible, and Kubernetes