I have partnered exclusively with a growing, well-funded FinTech startup based out of Los Angeles. They just raised an impressive B round, taking the total to $40m.
Their mission is to give everyone to access affordable, unbiased financial advice. They believe that financial wellness starts with a single paycheck. That's why they're working with leading companies to provide 1-on-1 financial advisors and personal finance tools as an employee benefit. This helps employees make the most of their compensation and benefits, and helps companies support and retain more diverse teams.
They've raised more than $40M from M13, Foundation Capital, Workday Ventures, Parade Ventures, and top founders and executives at NerdWallet, Plaid, Adobe, Amazon. This includes an impressive $24.4m raise in October 22.
I am seeking a Senior Backend or Full-Stack (Backend-leaning) Engineer with considerable Ruby on Rails expertise (5+ years) to join this talented, engaged, and diverse team. The role is fully-remote or LA-based.
What You'll Do:
- Take full ownership for engineering features across all levels of the stack, from end to end, idea to production
- Code quickly and test thoroughly, balancing velocity and code health. Write well-documented, clean, testable code
- Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team, from other engineers to designers, marketers, sales, and financial advising. We do our best work when we all work together to come up with the solution
- Work with the team to reveal user needs and develop feature requirements
- Work closely with the design team to define and build product, adapting to customer feedback, and making decisions around tradeoffs
- Rails, TypeScript, React, Postgres, and GraphQL
What You'll Bring:
- Expert with Ruby on Rails
- You have at least 8 years of professional, production-level experience
- You enjoy being a generalist, ready to learn and build with the right tools for each problem. You focus on the problem, rather than on the tool
- Have a founder mentality. You are highly autonomous, but thrive with collaboration with a team
- You are highly empathetic to teammates, customers – everyone
- You prefer the early high growth stages of a startup, before systems have been established
- Base salary from $200-230k
- Significant Equity - Up to 0.15%
- Fantastic benefits