How you can contribute
We’re looking for great Product Managers, which love working in cross-functional teams and have a geeky passion for technical products.
What we’re looking for
- Your heart is in enterprise products that move lightning fast. Some of the UK's biggest food & drink businesses run on our software. So this is serious stuff. We ship tens of features weekly behind feature flags, take care to version our APIs and document changes carefully, and insist in great communication to all of our lovely snowflake customers. It’s their business, we’re just here to help them out.
- You’ve been talking to customers, a lot. You'll be in front of customers every week. We use a collection of tools (JTBD interviews, RATs, MVPs) but you’re welcome to bring your battle-tested favourites into the team.
- Your secret crush is Engineering. We’re looking for someone that's just technical enough, but not at the expense of doing a great job on the business and product design aspect of product management. You’ll be talking to both developers, as well as business. A good knowledge of REST, what makes good API design and the ability to explain how two or more systems communicate on the internet of today is important.
- The cross-functional team at your last job absolutely loved you. All of your work will be done as part of a cross-functional team (with a shared data function). Those folks will expect you to include them in most aspects of both discovery and delivery, and - word of warning - they love hanging out and you’ll most likely end up being close friends.
- You’re the one “everyone asks” to come help facilitate and get things done. Most of the time you’ll have a sharpie and a pack of post-its in your hand. If that fails, you’ll be within arm's length of a whiteboard.
Day to Day Activities:
- Talking to customers every week, and sharing insight
- Creating a product roadmap for your product area
- Building and validating new product improvements with customers
- Competitor analysis and market research for new product improvements
- Working with your team to develop user-stories
- Planning with your team the next product increment
- Reporting back to the VP of Product on roadmap, progress, insights, metrics
- Showing your work in weekly demos with the team
- Introducing new universal API domains and integrations (currently, they have universal APIs for ordering, menus, payments, locations, customers)
- Keeping the healthy operation of existing customers in live services
- Reducing the total cost of operation
- Working on the commercialisation of the Enterprise Hub
- A strong technical understanding, comfortable talking to software engineers and passionate about how technology can improve operations.
- Proven experience of product managing within a B2B* B2B2C SaaS product
- Super analytical, curious about data and its insights and how to use this for product engineering.
- Ideally a knowledge of the restaurant sector or a passion for it!
- Personal learning and development budget.
- Working in a fast growing company with global expansion plans.
- Flexible working hours and a work from home policy as appropriate.
- Personal MacBook Pro (to setup the way you work best) and Mobile Phone.
- Cycle to work scheme – www.cyclescheme.co.uk.
- Collaborative approach and receptive audience to new ways of working.
- A great working environment.
Our client does not discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by the Equality Act 2010.